With the release of Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement apps version 9.0, Microsoft has introduced a new user experience – Unified Interface – which uses responsive web design principles to provide an optimal viewing and interaction experience for any screen size, device, or orientation.
If you spin up a new Dynamics 365 CE online instance, it will automatically open in UCI mode.
To disable Unified Client Interface (UCI) or Unified Interface follow below instructions:
- Browse the Dynamics 365 CE (CRM) URL and it would navigate to Dynamics 365 home page showing the list of UCI Apps, instead of showing CRM Classic Web UI.
- Open Dynamics 365 – custom web app
- Open System Settings (Advanced Settings –> Settings –> Administration –> System Settings). If you are not sure where to find Settings area in a UCI apps click here.
- Click on General Tab
- Change Enable only the Unified Interface value to No, under section Use the new Unified Interface only (recommended)
- Refresh the browser and you will see the classic version of Dynamics 365 CRM web interface
Enjoy your familiar classic web client 🙂
Originally posted in Sandeep Kolarveettil’s blog: Read more