- Workflows are tools which allow to automate your business processes.
- Workflows provide further utility in that they often act as an alternative to building a custom plug-ins.
- Normal business users can implement business logic without writing code.
When compared to Plugins only a limited number of operations can be done using Workflows.
When to Use Workflows?
- Changes in the business logic must be performed by people who are not developers
- You need the ability to let users apply your workflow logic manually.
- With workflow processes, users can trigger the processing of workflow rules by clicking Run Workflowon the form or from a grid.
- Workflows can be initiated manually, or they can be initiated automatically, in a number of different ways
Create A New Workflow – Asyn WF
- Scenario: When an Account entity record is created, the Account is assigned to a User.
- Once it is assigned to a User, an e-mail will automatically be sent to the User notifying them towards their new ownership of the Account.
- The e-mail will contain a record URL.
Create A New Workflow…
- Workflow will activate as a Process.
- Workflow Scope is set to Organization. Workflow is set to run whenever a record is created in the Account entity.
- Assign account to a specific User.
- Send E-mail with URL link to Account, via new e-mail creation (see image below)
Stop Workflow with a status of Success
Email Template to send the mail
Map the fields in the email using Dynamic Values.
Originally posted in Firoz’s blog: Read more